Welcome to the… CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF CRIME (CSC)ΤΟ STUDY, RESEARCH AND RAISE AWARENESS OΝ CRIMINOLOGY AND CRIMINAL POLICY
A research center for criminology and criminal justice in GreeceOrganization in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of United Nations
We focus on carrying out and promoting criminological research, pursuing innovative programmes and working on issues arising in the public agenda. Developing proposals and facilitating debate on issues related to criminology and criminal policy. Offering expertise in the delivery of teaching, research and consultancy in criminology. Supporting political, social, cultural and academic bodies. Raising public awareness on criminology and criminal policy.
WHAT WE DO
Achieving our goals, we organise events such as conferences, lectures, seminars, public debates, etc. We schedule, develop and publish studies and the findings of our conferences, discussions and research studies in a constructive manner. We publicly express expert opinions on current issues relating to the criminological phenomena. We compose special working groups, comprised of members or external partners. We organize and participate in national and international conferences; communicate and collaborate with scientific groups, initiatives or associations that pursue the same goals. We encourage and promote collaboration through the use of interdisciplinary approaches with other bodies, centers or associations.
IN WHICH WAY
- Το study, research and promote criminology in the public agenda.
- To submit proposals and make statements on issues relating to criminology and criminal policy.
- To support political, social, cultural and scientific bodies in tackling crime.
- To inform the development of evidence-based policy and practice in the field crime prevention.
- To raise public awareness on issues concerning crime and its prevention.
- To act as a cross-disciplinary forum for generating impact-led research around criminology.
- To encourage the exchange, in a multidisciplinary setting, of those engaged in research, teaching, and practice so as to foster criminological scholarship, and to serve as a forum for the dissemination of criminological knowledge
- Conferences, meetings, lectures, seminars, debates.
- Criminological researches and reports.
- Specific working groups consisting of members or external partners.
- Cooperation in interdisciplinary approaches with other bodies, or centers or associations.
- Interventions in local community in the context of crime prevention.